Lily's kids

Lily's kids

Friday, June 11, 2010

Compassion Trip

I am taking a trip to Ecuador through Compassion to meet the little boy
I sponsor, Kevin!!!!!!! I have been sponsoring Kevin for a little over 4
years and he is now eleven years old.My dad and I are going with a group
to Ecuador for 6 days and we will have the opportunity to meet with our
sponsored children for two days as well as visit other projects and a
child survival program. Some of the things we will be doing include playing
and serving kids at different child centers, visiting a child's home and seeing
first-hand how these children live, meeting our sponsored children and a
family member and spending a day at the park with them, going to Kevin's
church and getting to worship alongside him, going to a movie theater with
our sponsored children, go to our sponsored child's project and meet the
staff and teachers, and going to a Child Survival Program where we will meet
mother's and their babies.

I pray that this trip would really be blessed and that Kevin and I would
grow in our friendship. I hope that this trip will be a blessing towards
Kevin and show how much I love and care for him. I am extremely excited
and will put up pictures and blog about the trip when I return home!
God bless and have a great week!

~Lily

2 comments:

Laura said...

Lily, that's so exciting! I'll be praying for you! :]

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you continually, Lily! I smiled all day yesterday, thinking about you meeting Kevin and spending time with him. I imagine your cheeks are sore today, having grinned from ear to ear all day long!
I love you, and couldn't be happier for you!

Love, Mama