Lily's kids

Lily's kids

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Next11


So I just got back from Next 2011!!! It was an amazing conference that really stretched me and made me think deeply about God and His glory... The sessions were amazing and some of the speakers included Jeff Purswell, Scott Oliphint, D.A. Carson, R.C. Sproul, Kevin DeYoung and Nathan Sasser to name a few... The worship was AMAZING and I loved seeing people's hearts before God. Here's some of the biggest thing I took away from the Conference...

*The created world, though affected by sin, is nevertheless God's creation and is therefore to be valued, appreciated and cared for.
*We, as Christians, should live a life glorifying to God and one that testifies and displays the evidence of His kingdom.
* We cannot take a piece out of the gospel for tolerance... we must insist on preaching the entire Gospel and proclaim the good news of Jesus' life, death, and resurrection.
* A necessary being like God is essential or nothing else can be.
* Everyone realizes that something is wrong with themselves and they are not perfect; the solution to the problem is to give a solution of a Savior.
*We can remove words and labels but sin remains.
*What we make of our life now is essential for all of eternity.

I love feeling more grounded in my faith. I loved how these men used logic to show that the whole universe is created by God. You cannot get something out of nothing. You need a creator and God is that creator. So humbled and amazed at God's love and grace in my life...
Hope you have a great week and are encouraged by God's grace.
Thanks for all of you who have been viewing!
~Lily

No comments: