Lily's kids

Lily's kids

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Are you ready for death?

Here's a poem I wrote...

Are You Ready for Death?

The question every man must face,
Is if he is prepared for death.
This haunting question strong and still,
Can make men quake and run for fear.

To some they try to forget and go
About their lives, no regret shows.
They waste their lives in foolish deeds,
And die alone, empty in pain.

To others they think when death comes,
Life will be no more, just darkness.
This life is brief, it’s just a breath.
And like a poof, gone forever.

To me however, I have peace.
For death is not the end of me.
And to Jesus I turn my face,
Death is the beginning of life.


God bless!
~Lily


*please do not use this poem without permission*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's was geat Lily!

~bronte

Anonymous said...

Thanks Bronte!

~Lily