Lily's kids

Lily's kids

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Love like Fire


“Tu amor es como fuego” translates “Your love is like fire.” This song blesses me immensely and fills me with joy. The love of God is like fire. All consuming, powerful, burning, branding, changing. Bringing death to sin but later bringing new life. Fresh green new life. 
And it challenges me, is my love for God like fire? Every aspect of my life. Every moment. Every breath. Is every part of my being on fire for God? Every day that I wake up. Every day of living. I want God to be my everything. Every thought and every breath. I want my life to be consumed by His fire. To be overwhelmed by His heat and as the heat burns away the old and grow and transform more and more into his image. 
I want to have love like fire. Because His love for me is like fire.
~Lily

1 comment:

Kristi F. said...

Amen and amen and amen!