Lily's kids

Lily's kids

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Peniel

“Mommy!” She calls out with her hands reaching up towards me. My heart explodes with love for this little one with big eyes and a crooked little smile. It also breaks as I look down at her. This little one calling me mommy. Who has been through so much at such a young age. “Tia” I tell her. Because that is what I am for her. I am not her mommy. It breaks my heart that she has been abandoned. Exchanged for two bottles of beer. I can’t be her mommy. I didn’t carry her for 9 months or give birth to her. I didn’t even know her for the first year of her life. But God has given me this time with her right here today. And for that I am thankful. 

I love watching her while we pray. Her head bowed and her eyes closed and her big smile as we finish as she cries out “AMEN!” This little bundle of happiness fills me with joy. As I get hundreds of hugs from her each day I am reminded that God has not left us alone as orphans. That sweet Peniel has a heavenly Father who is watching out for her. And for me. And when I look at her and her big brown eyes and dark lashes I know that she will never be left alone. God will be with her. Just as He will be with me. And I am grateful. And I am at peace.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Lily!!

:)
bronte

Thomas Fluharty said...

Awesome Lils, Love this. This blesses me so much. LOVE you precious!~P