Lily's kids

Lily's kids

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Exciting news...

 1 more month and then I head home. Tick-Tock goes the clock. I blink and 8 months flew by. Where does the time go??? Each day I get closer to the end. Each moment that passes is gone. And I am stunned by how fast life goes by. How am I living? Am I living for HIM? For my Jesus? Or am I living for me?

Been amazed at the amazing opportunities God is providing to minister to the kids and tias here.

To talk with a 14 year old as he struggles with a deep sin and I encourage him and urge him to call upon God to change. Because on his own there is no way he can change.

Sitting outside late at night with a crying 16 year old as she tells me that she feels so alone. And gently talking and encouraging her and telling her truth until a smile breaks through the tears and finally a laugh.

Hugging and kissing on a sweet 4 year old who had been abused in the past. Who before was nervous and shy and now has come out of his shell with lots of love.

Laying on my bed late every night with the 15 year old in my house as I tell her about God and how He will never leave her. He is with her always. In the good times and hard.

Loving on sweet Peniel and praying that God would heal her heart.

This last year has flown by. It's been over a year since I first stepped foot in Bolivia and met these kids. So much has happened. So much has changed. My love for these beautiful orphans and this country has grown and their smiles and love has captured my heart. Bittersweet to say goodbye but excited to know that it is only for a short time before I get to see them again. :)

My exciting news... I'm coming back to Bolivia!

God bless!!!

~Lily


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lily! SO exciting! Sad for us, but exciting. What a beautiful post revealing your heart. Love it. God's grace is all over you!

Love,
bronte