Lily's kids

Lily's kids

Friday, July 30, 2010

Ecuador Day 4 part 2

Day 4 part 2 :)

At the park there was a really really really freaky zipline that Kevin decided to try! Basically it was a swing that went down a zipline and was stopped by two tires=dangerously fun! After he tried it he pointed to me and with a bunch of screaming... I ended up going on the zipline and actually enjoying it! We took a few pictures at the playset and I showed Kevin how to use my camera.



My dad found some small coconuts on the ground and he and Kevin practiced throwing them at an empty waterbottle! So cute and Kevin loved it because he beat my dad and knocked down the bottle! :) We played a little more soccer and then the hardest part of the trip came... saying goodbye.

We started out with a GIANT group picture of all the sponsors and sponsored children, family members, tutors, translators and directors.
/Users/kristiafluharty/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2010/Roll 478/P1020643.JPG



Saying goodbye was so much harder than I thought it would be. I was trying really hard not to cry because I was so happy about the two wonderful days we had shared but it was really hard. Kevin ran and picked me a beautiful flower which was really special.



I didn't want to let Kevin go but I am so glad for the time I was able to spend with him!




I am so blessed to be a sponsor and be able to know Kevin. The two days I spent with him some of the best in my life and the memories we share are priceless! I just received a letter from him today and he was so grateful for the visit! I will post the final day soon!

God bless!
~Lily

No comments: