Lily's kids

Lily's kids

Monday, October 14, 2013

Smile because were alive

I am in La Paz for a few days to finish up the visa process. It is definitely a process and I am so excited to wrap up all the paperwork! 

Sometimes it hits me how crazy my life is. God has brought me so far since I was a little girl wishing for 100 children. His faithfulness and timing is perfect every time. 

There are days where my energy is completely used up. I lay all the kids down for bed, give kisses, sing a goodnight song or tell a story, tuck them in again after they go to the bathroom for the 3rd time and then the house is silent. That is when there is still the dinner dishes to wash, school uniforms and lots of little socks to wash by hand, a house to straighten up and clean and lots of older kids who drop by every night to talk. And finally after the last conversation ends, I crawl into bed and am asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. 

But I wouldn´t change it for anything. 

I want to use up my life loving and serving and LIVING because it is so short.

Was so encouraged skyping my papa the other night as we talked about living JESUS. In every moment we LIVE Christ. Be it brushing little teeth, or folding clothes or just sitting and talking we can glorify God with every moment we have here on this earth. 

We are travelers. This world isn´t our home. But we were given this time as a gift. So enjoy your life. Try new things, have adventures and praise God for every new day you are given. Live and use up your life for Jesus.

The kids here make fun of me and tell me that I smile too much. That makes me smile more. I can never smile too much. I want to be filled with joy at each and every thing. Because all I know and all I have and all I am is a gift and a blessing.

Much love from Bolivia,

Lily Fluharty

No comments: