Lily's kids

Lily's kids

Monday, July 1, 2013

Deep

She fills my life with sunshine


"The place God calls us to is the place where your deep gladness and the worlds deep hunger meet." Frederick beuchner

Nothing like a beautiful sky and beautiful kids

I love this quote. I love that God has called me to work at a place where I am excited to wake up every morning. Where I can't stop smiling every day. And every night I hit the pillow exhausted but content. I am crazy blessed.

One of the 14 year old boys asked me once, "Tia Lily, what is your dream?" That question made me laugh. "Honestly," I told him, "I get to live my dream each and every day." He stared at me like I was crazy before he told me, "You should get a better dream." 

Rosemery's the sweetest
His response made me realize that I don't want a "better" dream. I get to do what I LOVE to do each and every day. I grew up to do what I wanted to do ever since I was three years old. I get to have 100 children. It's crazy the journey God has taken me on. I have only said "yes" and by His grace I continue to say "yes" to what He asks me and trust His will. I don't have to worry about tomorrow will bring.

I am in a place of need. And I am in a place where I am deeply happy. 

About a month before I head back!!! God has been opening up some amazing doors and opportunities for this next year of ministry. I am so excited to get back to Caranavi and see all the kids. I miss them like crazy. 
God bless!!!!!
~Lily Fluharty
Miguel Angel and Peniel




2 comments:

Dan Hennenfent said...

"Get a better dream." LOL - I love your dream.

Kristi F. said...

Love you, Lily. Love the God who called you to this work. Mama