Lily's kids

Lily's kids

Thursday, June 5, 2014

A Hole in the Darkness

A Hole in the Darkness
Lily Fluharty
3/17/2014

Today I’m fighting. 
Hands doubled up against the ugliness.
I’m squinting my eyes to see in the heavy air surrounding me.
My chest feels heavy.
I’m almost too tired to inhale.
But I stand against it.
Fighting back against the hurt and confusion.
In the midst of the swirling darkness
I look up to the light.
Look up to clarity and something pure.
My feet slip and stumble
But before I fall I am steadied by strong arms.
My fighting fists are made stronger 
As his hands envelope mine.
He punches a hole in my darkness.
Steadying my racing heart
He whispers the truth to me.
I love you. You are mine.
Don’t fear.
Not this darkness, not the fear or confusion.
Do not fear losing your hope
Because I am your hope and I will never leave.
Do you trust me?
He lifts my fallen chin with strong hands.
Loving pierced hands 
Making my heart ache because of His loving pain
Dear Daughter, you’re mine.
He whispers in my ear.
All the fear and emptiness and hurt disappears
As He fills my very being with Himself.
A new life. A new victory.
He punched a hole in my darkness

And gave me strength to keep fighting for Him.