Lily's kids

Lily's kids

Thursday, June 5, 2014

His love is stronger

His LOVE IS STRONGER so what then shall I fear?
When fear threatens I will turn my eyes on God. Like Peter I won’t be afraid by the waves but will grab onto Jesus’ hand and will follow His example. I sink so easily and try to swim at all costs. Panicking and trying to keep my head above the waves. But Jesus is standing in the midst of the storm. Calm. Peaceful. Strong. Holding His hand out to me. His amazingly beautiful, pierced hands. “Why did you doubt? He asks as the wind ceases and the storm calms. “I will never let you go. I died for you. I gave you every last breath I had. So do not fear. Do not fear man or any other thing because I have overcome the world.” 
I fall on my face and cry out for forgiveness and that cry turns to praise as I dwell on waht Jesus has accomplished at the cross. 
I will live in Jesus- His love, blood, peace, JOY and strength.
I won’t live in fear. I am His. 
“May the God of peace... equip you with everything good for doing His will, and may He work in us what is pleasing to Him, through Christ Jesus...” Hebrews 13:21
Really liked this quote from my devotional...

“Be persuaded, timid soul, that He has loved you too much to cease loving you.”   
-Archbishop Fenelon
So amazed at the love of my Jesus. In the midst of good and hard days He is here with me. Though trials may come we can rest in His everlasting arms.
Blessings and love from Bolivia!
~Lily Fluharty

No comments: