Lily's kids

Lily's kids

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Navidad

Merry Christmas! Feliz Navidad!

First Christmas home in a while.

I spent Christmas the past two years in Bolivia.

My heart is a contradiction of feeling so happy to be home and also missing out on celebrating with the kids in Bolivia. It's crazy to see myself here and my mind back there. I still wish I could be in both places at once.

It has been such a wonderful time at home so far. What a blessing family is. And it is wonderful seeing all my extended family for the Holidays. It has been WONDERFUL to eat Christmas cookies, hang up the family ornaments on the tree, gifts, hugs, amazing food… I've missed the little things that I've grown up with…

Time is rushing by. Only a little over 2 weeks before I fly back to Bolivia and to the kids. I miss them like crazy when I'm here. I miss my family when I'm there.

My heart never really stops missing no matter where I am.

But God is faithful. That has been my song and theme the last year and a half and I love reflecting on His goodness this season.

Jesus- prince of peace, Savior of the world, mighty, powerful, all knowing… came as a precious and helpless baby. That is beautiful. He came into a dirty world. Born on a dirt floor with animals nearby. The King of kings. I know it's all been written before but it is beautiful.

Don't forget. He came as a precious baby.

Merry Christmas!!!

Much love and Christmas cookies,
Lily Fluharty

No comments: