Lily's kids

Lily's kids

Friday, January 3, 2014

Learning

How have 5 months already flown by? I cannot believe how fast time flies and how fast these kiddos are growing up. Sometimes as I listen to Peniel talk in her sweet baby voice I remember when I first arrived almost two years ago how tiny she was. It’s been almost two years since I first saw these precious children and how my heart has grown with love for each of them. They are precious. 

Sometimes I forget though... like right now as I have three kiddos crying because they can’t go play because they didn’t obey... How often am I reminded of myself in these little ones. I don’t get what I want and I throw a fit... and I forget that I just need to trust in God’s plan for my life. He knows each moment of my life. A Switchfoot song goes, “Why do I worry? Why should I freak out? God knows what I need.” 

And really... all I need is HIM. 

I don’t need anything else. God will satisfy all the desires of my heart. How beautiful!

Writing this took about an hour as I had to go back and forth between cribs and bunk-beds to calm down criers and pray and give goodnight kisses to sad little ones who have a hard time learning sometimes. 

Sometimes it’s hard for me to learn too. But I know that God is faithful to teach me and that all the lessons I learn are for His glory and for my good.

Praise God! Every moment is wrapped up in His hands. 

Rest. Rejoice! We are HIS!

In Christ Jesus,
Lily Fluharty

No comments: